I’m blogging through a worldview class I’m teaching for our homeschool coop through the next year in this series of posts. Each week I’ll post a class outline and notes.
Thoughts From this Week’s Class
- We reviewed the basis of the Christian worldview, namely relationship with a Holy God, from which flows morality, sin, and salvation.
- We discussed the relationship between God’s attributes, specifically love, and the concept of the Trinity.
- We discussed the nature of Allah, who is a completely transcendent god with no attributes at all, including love, hate, mercy, or cruelty.
- The implication of this view of deity is Allah is capricious, which means morality is based on Allah’s will, rather than his attributes.
- Hence, Allah and Yahweh cannot be the same person –Islam and Judaism/Christianity conceive of deity in two completely different, and incompatible, ways.
- Islam sees Christianity as polytheism because of the Trinity.