I’m going to be blogging through the worldview class I’m teaching for our homeschool coop through the next year in this series of posts. Each week I’ll post the class outline and notes.
Thoughts From this Week’s Class
- Tolerance is a major catchphrase in our world — in fact, it’s like the water we swim in. This tolerance isn’t real tolerance, though, it’s a modern tolerance notable for its lack of tolerance to those who don’t agree with the idea that all truths are somehow equally true.
- Why am I here? To glorify God. How do I glorify God? The primary means given in the Scriptures is through relationships with God, the Earth, and other people.
- What’s wrong with the world? Sin!
- What is sin? There are a number of ways in which this questions can be answered, such as simple disobedience, falling short of God’s moral code, or simply falling short. All of these can be traced back to the idea of failing a relationship, however — this becomes crucial when we get our examination of the basis of morality in the Christian worldview.
- We create our own standards of good and evil, rather than living in God’s moral universe.